Sunday, June 5, 2011

Once Upon a Thread

I stumbled across this project the other day by blogger Katy at no big dill, and I'm completely in love with it.  The inaugural post is here, explaining the concept, which is to sew things that are inspired by your favorite books, which for the most part, happen to be children's picture books.  Since I love children's literature, perhaps more than I love sewing, I think this concept is amazing!  I immediately thought of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which is rendered here (LOVE IT!).  This is probably my favorite story about the process of creating (or conceiving) a project based on a book, and my first introduction to what sounds like a great book, The Dot by Peter Reynolds.  Other projects that I liked were A Bad Case of the Stripes, A Tree is Nice, The Giving Tree, and Goodnight Moon (for this one I like the decorated "room" more than the pajamas, though they are also nice!)  This one made me feel nostalgic, featuring as it did Gyo Fujikawa!  And this book looks like it might make me cry.  Like The Giving Tree, it appears to be one of those books meant to make adults appreciate life in its simplicity rather than, strictly speaking, to tell children a story.  Most of the above were guest posts, and reading through, I can't wait to see it repeated next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment